Thursday, February 18, 2010

Busy Again

I'm back in the swing of things, finally, and it feels really good.  I've got one hell of a busy weekend coming up (our annual conference) and we've got hundreds pouring in.  I know most don't know where I work, but security is tight around and I'll actually get to witness some secret service in action :)  I've been to a zillion conferences, but none that have been on national TV, so that's really cool for me--mostly because I'm a big dork :)

I think it should be fun--hard work, but fun too.  Tomorrow is MY big meeting, the one I've been planning since I got here, and I'm looking forwad to that, but also ready to just get it overwith.  Those things are always full of hair-on-fire emergencies and while I am glad to see people I haven't in a long time and meet others, it'll be good to know it's done and successful.

Then on Tuesday, my best friend is coming to stay with me for a few days while she goes to a seminar thing up here.  So that will be good, and THEN my cousins come to stay only a few hours after she leaves on Saturday.  I'm glad to see some familiar faces, both at the conference and also my friend and family...it's been a few long cold weeks.  As you all know :)

I booked a ticket back to KY for a weekend visit in March...I can't wait to get some sweet toddler hugs and cuddle up the new babies that have been born since I left. 

The sun shines every day now--even though this is what remains while I walk home every night....

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

I'm glad you're settling in and things are getting back to the new normal. It looks so cold! But you have March and babies to look forward to and so much good work to be doing. I am proud of you.

Bethany said...

Wow, good luck on your big day. Or did I miss it already?
Sorry, I'm behind.
Have fun with guests. You deserve it.
You're not a dork, I[d be excited too.
You rock!
So happy the sun is shining for you. Melt snow, melt.

Angie Muresan said...

Enjoy your big day today, and your friend and family next week. You certainly deserve it! And how cool about witnessing secret service activity.