Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sigh

There are some nights where sleep will not, can not, come. Last night was one. I fell asleep late, woke up on the hour, every hour and then had to awake for good at 6 to begin my work day after two whole weeks off.

It appears that tonight is another night like the last. Anxiety has a grip on me, depression is sitting beside me although it hasn't quite climbed into my lap. I hate feeling this way--especially with no real reason at all.

Christmas is over. Thank god! So I will take down the tree tomorrow, tape up the christmas box and replace the calendar on my refrigerator and try to shake off the vacation haze that has surrounded me and remember to get back to the daily grind.

The birthday present for Dad (posted below) was delivered in DVD format to the birthday guy--he absolutely loved it, and my whole family did too. I am happy about that. It's been an interesting past few days and blog subjects aplenty are right on my fingertips...ruminations and reflections to come, soon. But not tonight.

Tonight I need my thoughts to skip along the surface of the water of my mind and settle on the other side so that I can have dreamless sleep.

Happy New Year. 2009 feels like a lucky one...

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Happy New Year to you, too.
And I hope that anxiety and depression find someone else's lap to settle on. Not mine, by the way.

May said...

Oh my, now it's my turn to say I feel exactly the same way. I do hope depression doesn't settle in, and the anxiety lets you sleep a bit. I'm sending you wishes of sweet dreams.

SJ said...

Ms. Moon- no, definitely not yours!

MM-After staying up til 2, I slept for EIGHT hours straight :) Here's to hoping tonight goes ok. For you too!